The rainbow churros are stand items sold at 432 Carnival, which consist of colored small churros filled with white icing and come with a choice of dip. Available in 3-, 6-, and 12-piece orders.
- 12 cups water
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 24 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup of each Pillsbury Funfetti colored cake mix (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- 12 eggs
- Canola oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 48 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Over medium high heat, bring 2 cups water, ¼ cup granulated sugar, and 4 tbsp butter to a boil. Add 1 cup flour and the red cake mix and stir vigorously until the mixture has no streaks. Remove from heat and add 2 eggs, stirring until the dough becomes a ball. Transfer dough to a piping bag with a size 9 star tip.
- Repeat the step above for the other 5 colors.
- Pipe 3-4 inch strips of dough on 6 baking sheets, one for each color. You might need to add another few baking sheets if one sheet can't fit all of one color. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Take the churros out of the freezer, then heat the oil to medium high heat. Fry the churros for about 3-4 minutes then drain on paper towels.
- Use a straw to poke a hole through the centers of each churro to form a cavity for the filling.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining 3 cups of sugar and the cinnamon. Roll the hollowed churros in the cinnamon sugar.
- Make the icing by combining the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer the filling into a piping bag then pipe the filling into the churros.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.