You will need:
- 3 red onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 slice bread torn into pieces
- Purple food coloring
- Salt to taste
- Chop onions. Chop them not too coarse but not too fine.
- Melt butter, then add in your onions. Cook and stir until only lightly browned. Don't make them as black as charcoal or it won't be edible.
- Sprinkle in your sugar and continue cooking until the onions are a deep golden brown but again, as I said in the last step, not black.
- Stir in the chicken broth and vinegar, add the bread, bring to a boil, and simmer for exactly 3 minutes. No more, no less, or else it won't turn out good and the pan you're making it in will be sad.
- Transfer mixture into a blender or food processor then add your food coloring to give it that purple color. Then blend until smooth, but don't blend it too much or the blender will cry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.